We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Zucchini flowers are edible flowers that arise at the end of the zucchini. They are widely used in the kitchen and today we want to offer you how to prepare stuffed courgette flowers with lots of fresh seasonal vegetables. An ideal recipe for those who follow a vegetarian lifestyle. If you have to pick them in the garden
pay attention to how you eradicate them from the courgette, being careful not to damage the vegetable which could rot. It is preferable to collect the courgette flowers in the morning and once picked, arrange them carefully in a box without overlapping them as the petals are fragile.
Stuffed courgette flowers, the ingredients for 4 people
- 12/16 courgette flowers
- 150 grams of leerdammer
- 1 package of bechamel
- 100 grams of grated cheese
- 2 carrots
- 2 courgettes
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 100 grams of flour
- Oil, salt and pepper
- A handful of sesame seeds
Stuffed courgette flowers, the preparation
- Carefully take the courgette flowers and remove the stem and pistil from each, without breaking them
- Wash and dry them, dabbing them carefully with absorbent kitchen paper
- Peel the carrots, cut them into thin slices then put them to boil for 20 minutes
- Wash the courgettes and the pepper, cut them into cubes then put them to fry for 10 minutes in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and the chopped onion.
- Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon and a couple of minutes before turning off, add the freshly boiled carrots
- Season everything with a pinch of salt, remove them from the heat and let them cool
- Pour the contents into a large bowl and add the diced leerdammer, 6 tablespoons of bechamel, grated cheese and a pinch of pepper
- Mix all the ingredients until everything is mixed well
- Fill the courgette flowers with the freshly prepared mixture
- Prepare a thick batter with water, flour, sesame seeds and salt, dip the stuffed flowers one at a time and drain the excess batter
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the stuffed courgette flowers
- After cooking, let them rest for a minute on absorbent kitchen paper and serve still hot.